Comments Off on Tips For Dressing To Best Frame Your Body Type
Knowing your body type and understanding what clothes emphasize its food points and camouflage its flaws is the key to presenting an attractive image, says make-over maven. Here are her tips for enhancing the three basic body types:
The Endomorph (big-boned, full-figured):
- Select clothes that fit easily over the body and avoid tight or tent like garments,
- To appear slimmer, try monotone dressing with jacket, skirt, hose and shoes in the same color.
- Don’t be shy be bright colors or touches of bold prints.
- Pull your blouse out over your skirt and wear a narrow belt of the same color. This will suggest a small waist especially when worn under a jacket.
- Wear chokers or 40-inch long necklaces. Anything in between will emphasize a large bust.
- Wear a long scarf from one should or under jacket lapels, not knotted at the bust line
- Wear pins on the shoulder, not the bust.
- Wear big earrings to draw attention away from a double chin
- High heels make lags and hips look more streamlined.
- Skirts that wrap or have pleats at the waist hide a protruding tummy.
- Skirt length should be appropriate to your age and condition of your legs,
The Mesomorph (Petite, often with short waist and narrow shoulders):
- Select fitted or slightly shaped clothes to give a sophisticated, grown-up appearance. Petite women look lost and little-girlish in loose clothing.
- Don’t shop in Junior Departments. The clothes may fir but usually look too trendy or cute. Shop petite departments and stores where the styles are more adult.
- Shoulder pads and puff sleeves add stature.
- Wear red, the power color, to get people’s attention.
- Wear hats for the same reason.
- “Understated” translates as “invisible” on small women. Wear strong colors and substantial jewelry.
- Match the color of skirt, hose and shoes (or at least two of the three) to give the illusion for height
The Ectomorph (Tall, Thin, Often flat-chested):
- Just about anything looks good on this “model” figure, but it is sometimes desirable to minimize height and thinness.
- “Stripe” Your outfits, wearing bands of alternating colors or patterns. Each band trims height and adds weight.
- Lots of bracelets make arms look shorter.
- Lots of necklaces at the bust line add inches to a flat chest.
- Wide, Contrasting belts break a long body line.
- Shoes with ankle straps make legs look less lanky
Make your wardrobe look fashionable with Boston Proper clothing and accessories.